It could be clearly witnessed that a high percentage of businesses are still inefficient today after numerous years of re-engineering, economize and the exercise of nonstop performance improvement plans bringing into effect. The main effectual line of attack to boost business performance and profits is to increase the performance of employees and research shows very little effort have been done in this area. Hoisting the level of performance of the employees who are weak and progress very slowly can ultimately make a drastic impact. Also in the process of upgrading to the newest technological change and increasing their profit margins the companies overlooks the opportunity to increase and boost up performance of staff.
Employee Performance Gap
The Employee Performance Gap:
According to surveys conducted the results showed grievances concerning employees that are not so productive satisfaction and some of them troublemakers.
The gap is colossal between the in performance between the best performer and worst performer on the same job. This is known as ”Performance Gap” the difference between the performances. The normal Performance Gap ratio is around 25 to 100 percentage in easy jobs but as we enter into the complex work nature the percentage goes blistering high up to 500 to 1000 percentage. Thus it is important to close this Gap which will result in high profits.
Managers and the best performers of the company have to spend a lot their time fixing and covering up the problems caused by the weakest performers of the company. This tends to create a gargantuan haul on organizational performance and dish up to de-motivate top performers.
As for this purpose it is necessary to conduct employee survey. This is the most suitable way for identifying employee performance gap. Employee engagement assessments and employee satisfaction surveys determine how affianced and pleased employees are, and spot what needs to be done to increase employee contentment and engagement. So employees that are more engaged and are satisfied work harder and smarter, they get more work done and their passion rubs off on other employees.
The bottom line is that by closing the Employee Performance Gap it allows more work to be carried out with less percentage of staff enabling to perk up the quality and customer service. To see it from another perspective there has been a research that tells us that ineffective sales calls convert into lost opportunities and about 20 to 30 percentage of company’s staff cost is spent on fixing effects and bringing back to original position if possible as it was not conducted rightly at the first instance.
Closing the Employee Performance Gap:
Here I have provided with a number of actions that can be taken to recognize and close the Employee Performance Gap.
1. Recognize the success factors and desired outcome for each position.
2. Establish and communicate carrying great weight standards of performance quality.
3. Assess staff performance based on the performance standards.
4. Discuss the performance with staff on a regular basis and then find ways in which performance is not to the mark.
5. Conducting surveys such as employee satisfaction survey and employee engagement survey to know where employees stand.
6. Provide constructive leadership and management. It is a way to identify the difference between employees as it will be providing feedbacks.
7. Provide coaching to make certain that all team members have the necessary skill sets to be successful.
8. Reinforce the recruiting and hiring procedure to amplify the odds of hiring strong performers.
9. Establish priorities that are clear and eradicate inappropriate conflicts from the work place.
So if you are successful to close the employee performance gap than you will surely be able to achieve your corporate performance improvements. There will also be customer satisfaction as they will know that the company has fielded a winning team making the customers loyal to buy the products again. Companies also should provide an environment where there is no place to veil the performance.